COFFEE FRUIT FUN FACTS
If you’ve come this far, you probably know by now that UP TO GOOD Pops are energized by Cascara, the flesh of the coffee fruit. But did you know that there are many GOOD reasons to incorporate this cherry-like fruit into your diet? Read on to learn more about our favorite part of the coffee plant.
Coffee cherries contain:
- More antioxidants per gram than pomegranates, blueberries, or acai
- More potassium per gram than a banana
- More iron per gram than fresh spinach
- More fiber per gram than whole grain wheat flour
- More protein per gram than fresh kale
- Less fat and more fiber per gram than coconut flour
Studies have shown coffee cherry consumption to strengthen immunity in mice, and, so, potentially, in humans.
Coffee fruit is high in phenolic compounds (highly nutritious plant substance). These help the body to prevent chronic diseases due to their antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-carcinogenic properties.
About 46 Billion pounds of coffee fruit byproduct go to waste globally, every year.
Coffee fruit waste produces approximately 17 million metric tons of waste annually.
Making use of coffee cherry results in:
- More revenue for farmers
- Less emission of CO2 and other harmful gasses
- Less pollution to fields and water sources
Do yourself (and the planet) a favor and get your daily dose now!
Sources: https://coffeecherryco.com/ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8712708/https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30666038/https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0308814616319161?via%3Dihubhttps://www.hindawi.com/journals/omcl/2009/897484/